Online Employment Ads
$100 for 30 days for 1 job position with 1 logo, unlimited text.
Online ads can go live any time. To have your job announcement posted, please call Cat at 612-722-3686 or email your text to: email@example.com
If you want your job posting to be on the front page (and every page) download the 2018 Ad Kit to see online prices and sizes.
MINNESOTA HOUSING PARTNERSHIP
Minnesota Housing Partnership is seeking an experienced Community Development Director who is looking for an opportunity to lead and develop a team of national technical assistance (TA) staff and consultants with expertise in a broad array of housing, community development and economic development. This is a varied, exciting role that requires a strategic thinker and seasoned leader. This position is an active and participative member of the leadership team and reports to the Executive Director. View the full job description and learn more about us.
A trusted expert and leading advocate, Minnesota Housing Partnership has played a key role in advancing affordable housing and community development for more than three decades.
Who We Are
We are a team of community developers, researchers, communicators, and policy advocates who work to:
- Strengthen the ability of organizations to build and preserve housing and community assets.
- Provide original research and education resources to generate public support of vital communities and affordable housing.
- Drive efforts to secure the policies and funding needed at the regional, state, and federal levels to advance local housing and community development.
The Role of the Community Development Director
- Provide vision and direction to guide MHP’s Community Development department and oversee a team of national technical assistance (TA) staff and consultants with expertise in a broad array of housing, community development and economic development.
- Provide leadership in the strategy and management of MHP’s capacity building, technical and financial assistance programs to ensure competent and effective TA delivery and compliance with federal requirements.
- Deliver technical assistance to beneficiary communities.
- Recruit, develop and manage a team of highly qualified community development staff and MHP network partners to deliver federally regulated technical assistance and capacity building in community, economic and affordable housing development.
- Oversee the administration and deployment of MHP’s capacity building grants, primarily federal awards, over multiple years which includes staffing, budgeting, reporting, policies and procedures, and ensure mandated compliance with all requirements.
- Establish and maintain communications with federal, state and philanthropic funders and promote MHP as a national TA provider with a variety of stakeholders.
- Be accountable for and actively champion the department’s Race Equity Strategic Action Plan to increase the number of TA work plans that generate equitable outcomes.
Organizational Impact Leadership:
- Provide critical leadership for the organization as part of the Executive Leadership Team driving key organization-wide initiatives and activities.
- Lead the planning, creation, implementation, and accountability to outcomes related to strategic planning.
- Create an evaluation framework and plan for staged departmental rollout, identification of additional resources and roles that are needed long term to make MHP a data-driven organization.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to coordinate Leadership team meetings and content that supports accountability to organizational responsibilities.
- Coordinate staff meetings and content that supports cross-department collaboration, team building and positive culture.
- Drive the vision and business model that positions MHP’s Community Development department to compete, secure national and philanthropic contracts, excel and grow our brand nationally.
- Secure outside, private consulting contracts as needed, to meet financial goals. Assist in the preparation of federal grant proposals, determining budget and work plan outcomes.
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with federal, state and local government entities as well as community collaborative partners on housing, economic development, community development and workforce housing.
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively work within applicable laws, regulations, policies, procedures, current literature, trends and developments in community/affordable housing development and planning with a focus on under-served, rural and Native communities.
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively deploy various grants, programs, and regulatory guidance: USDA, HUD, CDBG, ICDBG, CoC, MHFA, EDA, BIA and OMB circulars.
- Knowledge of current personnel management practices and ability to effectively lead individuals and team to excel.
- Strong project management skills to guide complex projects. Strong contract and budget management skills. Ability to drive a vision and business model that positions MHP’s Community.
- Development department to compete, secure national and philanthropic contracts, excel and grow our brand nationally.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to short deadlines and a fast-paced environment.
- Effective public speaking, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office Suite, CRM applications, databases, SharePoint and other cloud functionality.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, housing management, non-profit administration, public policy, urban/regional planning or related field. Master’s preferred.
- Housing Development Finance certifications preferred.
- Ten years’ demonstrated experience in housing, community development, economic development, planning or related field. Experience with Native American and rural communities strongly preferred.
- Minimum eight years’ experience in nonprofit management/operations.
- Minimum five years’ experience in recruiting, hiring, managing, conducting
performance reviews, managing turn-over, and developing individuals and teams.
MHP offers a dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environment, where we value work – life balance, and offer a competitive salary and benefits package. View the full job description.
Candidates with questions please contact Cheryl Jensen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-203-4662. Please submit a cover letter and resume detailing how your experience and strategic vision will contribute to MHP’s work and organization to HR@mhponline.org.
Minnesota Housing Partnership is committed to social, racial, gender and economic justice. We strongly encourage persons of color, women, LGBT individuals, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.