This year we will feature old articles, photos and pages from years gone by as we look back at 40 years of covering the Native community.
Facts about The Circle:
- The Circle was originally an in-house newsletter of the Minneapolis American Indian Center (MAIC)
- The Circle was started in 1980 by the Minneapolis American Indian Center.
- A grant from the Dayton Hudson Foundation helped launch the paper.
- The Circle’s first issue, Vol. 1, No. 1 was published March 1980.
- The Circle used to published poetry, art, and other creative writing.