IFO FACULTY NOTICE OF VACANCY
Tenure Track Social Work Faculty
College of Community Studies and Public Affairs
Full Time, Probationary, Nine Month Appointment
METROPOLITAN STATE UNIVERSITY, a vibrant and growing public, urban university, is seeking to fill a Full-Time, Probationary, Tenure-Track Assistant Professor position within the Social Work department located in the College of Community Studies and Public Affairs to begin August 2017.
- Faculty members are expected to demonstrate ability to teach in core social work curriculum in areas such as generalist social work practice, social welfare history and policy, human behavior, research and comparative racial/ethnic analysis.
- Engage in scholarly research or creative achievement
- Provide evidence of continuing preparation and study
- Contribute to student growth and development through advising and assistance and engage in service to the university and community
- Outstanding candidates will demonstrate a commitment to serving a culturally diverse student body through delivering a student-centered education in a liberal arts and sciences context and will possess the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals.
- Masterís degree in Social Work (MSW)
- Two years of post-MSW practice experience in the field of social work
- Minimum of two (2) years of post-secondary teaching experience
- Experience teaching about systems of oppression and impact on people and their communities
- Demonstrated expertise in working with students of color, Native American, and/or immigrant students
- Communication skills (written & oral) to communicate with a variety of persons and groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an institution with a culturally, economically and linguistically diverse workforce.
- Doctoral degree in Social Work or related discipline
- BSW/MSW field instruction experience.
- Experience with child welfare
- Demonstrated ability to develop partnerships with communities of color, Native American and other oppressed groups
- Knowledge of educational policies and accreditation standards (EPAS) and the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- More than two (2) years of post-secondary teaching experience
- Five (5) or more years of post MSW practice experience
- Outstanding/Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) to communicate with a variety of persons and groups.
- Understanding of and willingness to learn policy, process and procedures for individual study abroad and academic internship opportunities.
Please note: Filling of this position is dependent upon budget.
The University: Metropolitan State University, a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System, serves approximately 11,000 students in the greater Twin Cities Metropolitan area.
We are the most diverse university in the system, with approximately 41% of
our students coming from communities of color.
The university offers programs leading to baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees.
We provide accessible, high quality liberal arts, professional and graduate education with continued emphasis on marginalized groups, including adults and communities of color.
Recognized in 2008 by the Carnegie Foundation for Community Engagement and named to the Presidentís Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the university is committed to academic excellence and community engagement
through curriculum, teaching scholarship and services designed to support an urban mission.
Visit our web site at http://www.metrostate.edu
The School/Academic Department: The social work program is accredited by the Council of Social Work Education (CSWE) with a focus on multicultural competence at the Bachelor's level.
The program teaches the students to engage in generalist social work practice that meets the needs of the increasingly racially diverse Twin Cities communities. The program builds on a Liberal Arts base and provides a foundation curriculum that contains the profession's values, knowledge and skills.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with education and experience, and is determined by the salary placement process as outlined in the Inter Faculty Organization (IFO) Master Agreement
* Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at:
For the most current information on the IFO, go to www.ifo.org
Application: To apply, go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/metrost atemn/default.cfm
Applications must be received by 11:59 PM on Tuesday, March 21, 2017.
Qualified applicants are required to attach the following documents to their online application:
- Cover letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position;
- Current curriculum vita
- One-page statement of teaching philosophy and/or examples of teaching effectiveness;
- Names of four (4) references with addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers; at least two (2) of the references must be able to address teaching effectiveness;
- Transcripts - Valid unofficial copies of your transcript showing conferred/awarded date of your highest attained degree, with your name and the academic institutionís name/logo are required. If doctoral study is in progress at the time of application, submit the most recent transcript showing your course of study and progress to date. We are not able to
accept copy/paste word documents with a list of courses/grades or DARS reports. If selected for hire, official original transcripts will be required.
- Additional materials may be requested at a later date.
If you need help submitting your online application, please contact NEO GOV @
1-855-524-5627 for technical assistance.
For TTY, call Minnesota Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS) at 7-1-1 or 1-800-627-3529.
If you have other questions related to this job announcement, please contact Human Resources, Search & Selection Specialist, Carla Ballard @ 651.793.1319.
Notice: In accordance with the MnSCU Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCUís vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
Metropolitan State University is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action
employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with
disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
The University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
>>> Log in to view all contact details <<<